Traffic signal design is a lot more than knowing “green, yellow, red”! TADI has the skills, knowledge, and experience to make sense of what your project requires, as well as what your local agency will require or allow, leading to the preparation of practical, constructible plans often times resulting in lower overall project cost and improved performance.
We are also experts in traffic signal timing and operations. Whether your project involves a stand-alone signalized intersectin or a complex system of coordinated signals, TADI will provide signal timing solutions that are efficient and effective.
There has been much innovation in traffic signal design and construction in the last decade and especially the last few years, and we are your go-to experts for understanding the latest technology. Today’s emphasis on connected systems, adaptive operation, and constantly evolving construction techniques provides a staggering number of options to be considered. Since its inception, TADI has prepared traffic signal plans for over 400 intersections throughout Wisconsin. This unparalleled experience offers you great value.
Here is a sampling of some of the traffic signal technologies design:
- Econolite ASC/3 controller operation
- Siemens Eagle EPAC controller operation
- Inductive loop vehicle detection
- Video vehicle detection
- Radar vehicle detection
- Fiber optic communications
- Radio/wireless communications
- Copper wire communications
- Emergency Vehicle Preemption
- Railroad Preemption, advanced and simultaneous
- Flashing yellow arrow operation
- Monotube and standard construction